Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One Final Trip to Dan Shui



One final field trip of the year in Taiwan and it was decided by the class that Dan Shui was the place to spend it. And oh my god I forgot to pay back the teacher for the Hong Kong style lunch… oh well, it was good eating. We started our order with a traditional Peking duck, and veered our chopsticks to other dishes as they arrived

With part of Asian's culture in my belly, it was off to the main venue, Dan Shui. Although the ride wasn’t smooth with the constant contortion of my body to fit the swarm of bodies around me, I was able to exchange a slice of life stories with my Mandarin instructor.

“The final destination… Dan Shui Station… Dan Shui Station…” reported over the mic and it soon to once again place a happy face to some new people joining in the party. The class next to ours decided to hop on our excursion and they answer us with less than half their class showing and some members coming late. No worries, cause it’s not uncomfortable at all to wait under the scorching sun complimented with the sweat breeze.

To summarize it all, the trip consisted
Window-shopping
Bike rides
Digital cameras
Boat rides
Shaved ice
Potential sun burns
Asking for directions when admitting lost
Finally, A giant blow up sword
Oh, and also bitching and whining about going home.

Either it would be the last time I'll be able to throw out some sarcastic comments, or pretend that I actually care for the trip, I found myself actually enjoying the moments along with the people whom I thought I could careless for. In honesty, I might be sugar coating the last sentence for the sake of the upcoming audience who received e-mail notices that this site even exists. Overall, they were some pretty decent people I've seen for a while, and yes that also includes you Sarah even though your enthusiastic laughter causes me to cringe from time to time.

Bottom line, this summer was stressful but worthwhile.

Craig out.

P.S. Photos of the trip is located here. Use it at your own risk.

No comments: