Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Aloha Hawaii, Augest 14-28 2008

Alooooooooha

Two weeks of vacation and I mean vacation where work is put aside and the only decision making that I need to make is whether I want to go to the beach or check out a movie. With me newly acquired driver’s license and my girl friend accompanying me along the way, this was going to be a vacation of my life.

August 14, 2008

I can’t say that the vacation started off great, since there was a mix up of luggage and I had the opportunity to drive back and forth the airport three times to get things straight and finally retrieving our original luggage. To be optimistic about it, I at least got use to the streets of Honolulu where the denizens on the street are easy going and they never honk if you drive to slow, but best of all is that they actually have a lane for fast drivers. I call it, “the noob free line.” As I finally returned from my last visit from the airport where I picked up my girlfriend who arrived five hours later than my last arrival. Even upon arrival, we had to clean up the beach house that we were living. Overall, it was pretty tiring but everything was set up to welcome a full on vacation.

August 15-16, 2008

The next two days of our trip consisted of frenzy on sale shopping at Ala mo ana, also known as, the phatest shopping mall. The place is just as just as big half a city block where the two farthest stores, Macy and Neimen Marcus, is a three-minute car ride to get to. Two days of shopping only chipped the tip of the iceberg, but the outcome was four pairs of jeans, two khaki pants, and one epic backpack that cost 394 dollars. I don’t know how it’s done, but the new backpack is like a Marry Poppins bag, bottomless and almost weightless.

August 17, 2008

This day was a turnabout for me, as it was the first time I got to be behind a steering wheel of a car without the safety net of my parents or relatives that I could rely on. The only person that cheered for me was my girlfriend who was sitting shotgun, but in all honesty, it wasn’t that much of a fright. I got us to KoKo Marina easily and got into a parking space without a scratch. We decided later on to catch “The Dark Knight” and after viewing it I was later disappointed that Keath Ledger already died. “The Dark Knight” was just badass, and I can’t wait to get it in DVD.

No comments: